26.9.10

Dad's Bananarama cake.


Its my Dad's 55th birthday this year and he decided that the best way to celebrate would be for him and my mom to fly down to spend it with his family =)

Despite it being a short stay, it was really comforting to have them around, to be able to cook, to enjoy good food and wine together. Last night, we had a small dinner in my cozy apartment. With scallops, wagyu sirloin and cakelast night, the guilt factor has definitely sunk in this morning. =S

To make my dad a happier man than he already is, I bake him a special birthday cake incorporating flavors he likes, banana and mint. Its a massive layer cake with 7 layers in total. From top to bottom we have chocolate ganache, chocolate fudge cake, banana buttercream, more cake, banana slices, chocolate mint mousse and a final layer of cake. Oh and of course, macarons had to fit in somewhere, so i decorated the cake with banana buttercream filled ones.

Happy birthday dad! <3



No comments: