Persian pistachio rose cupcakes.
A long time ago i bought some persian fairy floss from a visit to the south melbourne market.
i recently rediscovered it at the back of my pantry the other day as i was clearing it.
along with a dead house fly that wasn't as pleasant.
so together with some other ingredients in the very same pantry,
and the leftover strawberry buttercream from yesterday's lime drop cookies,
i made some lovely persian cupcakes!
i have always liked the combination of rose and pistachio.
i remember first tasting it when i took my first bite of a turkish delight.
fragrant and nutty.
oh so good.
Persian Pistachio Rose cupcakes.
2/3 cup caster sugar
1 1/4 cups self raising flour
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup ground pistachio
1 1/2 tsp rosewater
Persian fairy floss
extra ground pistachio nuts
1. Preheat oven to 180 degrees.
2. Cream butter. Add sugar and cream further until pale.
3. Add eggs one at a time and beat well after each addition.
4. Add sifted flour, salt, ground pistachio, milk, rosewater and fold together until just incorporated.
5. Divide mixture into greased muffin tins and bake for 17-20 minutes or until skewer inserted into the centre of the cakes comes out clean.
6. Cool and decorate by spreading on buttercream, topping with fairy floss and sprinkle with more pistachio nuts.